BACK TO EVENTS
The Blockchain Society together with Telekom Innovation Laboratories (T- Labs) presents the #T-LabsHACK! T-Labs is the research and innovation unit of Deutsche Telekom. This is the 2nd T-Labs Hack Session, with the first one taking place in Seattle this one is happening in Berlin.
What is the #T-LabsHACK you may ask? Well, with the increasing popularity of blockchain technology in the industry today, there comes a desire to always be ahead of the curve; with this event, we will bring you up to speed on some of the hottest tech to hit the blockchain space, which you can then use directly in your Hackathon projects to win great prizes!
A Learnathon will be included with a workshop that will introduce hashstaX. The hackathon will be held at the Hubraum Café.
TeamsWe suggest teams of no more than 4-5 individuals. You can organize teams prior to the event, and we will be helping teams coordinate team formation on the day of.
RulesWe know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably (definitely) stick by these:
1. Fresh Code - We all start coding at the same time. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
2. Code Review - Winning teams may be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
3. Ownership and IP - You own your IP and whatever you create. Simple as that.
4. Team Size - No more than five people.
5. Submissions - You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to do just that. More information will be given at the event.
6. Demos - You’ll demo the functionality of your project and talk through your idea. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to do just that, more information will be given at the event.
JudgingHow will the hackathon be judged?Projects will be judged based on the following criteria:
Technical Deployment - 25%Consumer Centric - 25%Usefulness - 25%Innovation - 25%
8:30 am: Registration & team formation; breakfast
9:30 am: Opening Remarks from T-Labs
10:00 am: Opening Remarks from The Blockchain Society
10:15 am: Introduction to hashstaX Workshop
11:30 am: Lunch
12:45 am: Workshop with a Partner
1:45 pm: Workshop with a Partner
2:45 pm: Hackathon Rules, Team Formation, Challenge Overview
3:15 pm: Hackathon starts
Hacking will continue overnight! (attendees may choose to stay over and hack or go home to sleep)
9:00 am: Breakfast served
12:00 pm: Lunch with Judges
3:00 pm: Hacking concluded & Submissions on DevPost
3:15 pm: Presentations and judging to begin
4:30 pm: Winners Announced & Final remarks by T-Labs
4:45 pm: Optional Networking
6:00 pm: Termination of Hackathon