BACK TO EVENTS
Start Programming Smart Contracts on the Ethereum Blockchain and create a front-end decentralized application in this 1-day deep dive!
The topic of Blockchains and Digital Currency has exploded over the past 18 months. As proof the total market cap for cyrptocurrency surpassed $100 billion in July 2017. With global enterprises from Walmart to JP Morgan, IBM, Microsoft and more all getting involved the need for experienced programmers for these veteran and newly minted companies alike is growing at an unfillable rate.
In this course you will learn how to code using the programming language Solidity and create your own decentralized application. Solidity is the most popular programming language on the most popular distributed computing platform for developers: Ethereum. Ethereum is unique in that it allows for full programs to reside and run on its blockchain. These programs are often called Smart Contracts and are often a part of Dapps, or distributed applications.
• Introduction to Ethereum and Smart Contracts
• Install and setup Metamask
• Overview of the Truffle IDE and Ganache local node
• The Solidity programming language: modifiers, fallback functions, events
• Writing a Pet Adoption decentralized app
• Deploying and interacting with your dapp