BACK TO EVENTS
BCH DEVCON is a series of global hackathons taking place around the world and hosted by Permissionless Ventures and co-hosted by SV INSIGHT. Permissionless Venture is a venture capital firm that backs blockchain technology and bold entrepreneurs enabling a permissionless and decentralized world. We have built a global network of engineers, entrepreneurs, investors, industry experts executives, and other influencers in the blockchain ecosystem. We are committed to connecting these diversified minds in order to empower the permissionless world.
During the San Francisco Blockchain Week (SFBW), BCH DEVCON is making its debut to the public and the BCH community from October 10th to October 11th, 2018. BCH community is one of the most active communities in the Blockchain industry, not only famous for its endless “debates” with other communities (even among themselves) but a very active platform for developers. Some KOLs/hackers/geeks/believers are undertaking Satoshi’s vision- making a secure and capable money system without intermediaries.
BCH is now striving to get more developers onboard, educate more people about its vision and technology, and eventually have more people using BCH as a global money and beyond.
We will find 120 best Hackers to start this amazing 24 hours adventure journey. Take a look, and enjoy!
1. Build a micropayments project with feasible innovations in fast payment integrating BCH’s features: borderless, 0 confirmation and low transaction fees.
2. Build a betting game based on newly released op codes, e.g.: https://github.com/fyookball/ChainBet. This topic can be without considering the funding problem, atomic operations, smart contracts, and eventually sent tokens according to the results.
3. Build an application regarding permanent data storing, open protocols and open-source data. (Using Op_Return) e.g.: https://memo.cash/
4. Build a cross-chain project, implementation based on gateway designs. Building an internet of value and ecosystem. E.g.: https://www.rsk.co/
5. Build an analysis tool for big data. A tool that can detect, inspect and visualize the transaction, tradings, blocks, nodes and the entire network of BCH Blockchain. E.g.: https://blocks.wizb.it/
6. Build a WHC Block explorer. Call Wormhole REST endpoints (https://wormholecash-production.herokuapp.com/) to build a web GUI which lists the tokens, token details, balances of token holders and transactions for token/holder.
7. Build a utility token generator w/ SLP. Create a web GUI which lets a user create a new SLP token. Name, ticker, URL, number of decimals, fixed/managed supply and initial distribution.
8. Launch an ICO on WHC. Create a custom security token and launch a crowdsale. Custom name, ticker, total number of tokens and how many tokens you'll sale for each 1 WHC.
9. Conceptualize a stable-coin for BCH ecosystem. Stable-coins, like DAI and $GUSD, are very popular in the ETH token ecosystem. Brainstorm on what a BCH stable-coin would look like. What smart contracts are needed in WHC for this to happen?
00:01 am - 10:30 amOvernight Hack
10:30 amDemo Submission Deadline
10:30 am - 11:30 amDemo Fair, Voting, and Photo Time
11:30 pm - 1:00 pmBreak
1:00 pm - 1:30 pmPanel
1:30 pm - 2:00 pmPanel
2:00 pm - 3:00 pmTop 5 Hackathon Demo Show & Judge Q&A
3:00 pm - 3:30 pmTop 3 Hackathon Award Ceremony
3:30 pm - 4:00 pmBCH DevCon Closing Remarks