May 1, 2018
Dbrain is an award-winning open blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps. It links crowdworkers and data scientists to transform raw data into real-world AI solutions for businesses, creating a win-win situation for all participants in the AI market. With Dbrain, anyone with a connected device can do simple tasks of data labelling and get paid instantly in cryptocurrency. Data scientists use the resulting datasets to train neural networks and build AI apps. Businesses use existing AI solutions or specify new ones to serve their particular needs.
After securing $2.5M in seed funding, Dbrain has reached a significant milestone by releasing the Alpha version of the platform, including a web app and a Telegram bot, and is the main award winner at the biggest ICO Pitch Competition organized by d10e in Silicon Valley in 2018.
Blockchain technology helps Dbrain meet many of AI’s current challenges. Using the blockchain, it is possible to confidently manage high-quality data labelling, security concerns, intellectual property rights, and international micropayments. Using existing commercial computation infrastructure allows Dbrain to build an affordable, scalable toolkit for developing, integrating, and deploying AI apps.
Dbrain uses blockchain protocols and an in-house cryptocurrency to power the AI production cycle. The SPOCK protocol validates data label quality, ensuring the most accurate datasets possible. The PICARD protocol ensures the security of confidential data and automatically manages relations and fair revenue distribution between stakeholders. Dbraincoin (DBR) is an ERC-20 cryptocurrency to exchange for work, datasets, and AI app usage.
Anyone with a connected device can join Dbrain and get a role in building Industry 4.0. The platform connects exploding demand for hand-labeled AI data with the abundant supply of global crowdworkers. In particular, it reaches 2 billion unbanked people in low-wage countries, offering them cryptocurrency income in exchange for data labeling and validation. Integrating this global workforce into its platform, Dbrain provides a secure, unified infrastructure to supercharge businesses through accessible, high-quality AI products. Right now, AI is off limits to all but the wealthiest and most powerful operations. Dbrain makes AI affordable to more customers, buildable by more developers, and profitable for more workers. Dbrain democratizes AI.
Dbrain charges a 10% commission from every transaction on the platform to compensate costs of running the infrastructure and maintaining a healthy platform. Dbrain’s commission is much lower than those charged by the existing crowdwork platforms. The company believes that zero commissions are unsustainable for a large crowdwork platform, and those who promise to never charge any money for the value they add either aren’t going to build a sustainable business, or aren’t telling the whole story, or don’t add any real value in the long run. At the same time, Dbrain’s AI platform will save clients much more than the commission charged, because they do not have to set up any infrastructure for data labeling, AI development, training, and deployment.
The Dbrain team is made up of industry-renowned professionals and has already launched several AI products that we will be expanding on the Dbrain platform. The team’s background includes development of Icon8, a top-ranked chatbot and e-commerce tool, and Connectome solutions for activity recognition and industrial quality control.
Dbrain levels the playing field for all participants on the AI market.
For crowdworkers, we provide an opportunity to earn money for training and supervising AI networks and receive a fair share of future AI revenues via smart contracts. For AI developers, we lower barriers significantly for creating commercially viable AI products and provide scalable and elastic access to accumulated datasets, unique data providers, business clients, and a distributed pool of workers who create new and process existing data. We aim to enable data providers to monetize their existing datasets and live data streams. For businesses, we offer a wide range of turnkey AI solutions, integration, and customization for particular needs.
The Dbrain platform works on the Ethereum network and relies on its smart contracts. We’re building a scalable permissioned blockchain anchored to the Ethereum network via state channels. Our solution can process thousands of transactions per second which all involved parties can verify independently. We implement two blockchain protocols for decentralized access to our platform and an in-house cryptocurrency.
To align the incentives of crowdworkers, validators, AI developers and dataset owners, Dbrain implements the Subjective Proof of Crowdwork Protocol (SPOCK), which automatically verifies data quality and aims to guarantees real-time, fair and transparent billing to workers and task requesters.
The Protocol for indirect controlled access to repository data (PICARD) protects datasets and AI applications hosted on the Dbrain platform and allows data scientists to train AI models using the datasets without downloading them, and to sell AI solutions to business clients later. The protocol allows data scientists to work on a contract basis as well as to contribute to community owned datasets and public kernels. It also allows participation in Kaggle-like competitions on openly listed challenges.
Dbraincoin (DBR) is implemented as a standard ERC20 token. The total number of Dbraincoins in existence is fixed. We use our coins as an internal currency that participants use to pay and receive for work, data and AI application usage on the platform.
Attention. There is a risk that unverified members are not actually members of the team
$2 500 000
$86 322 281
$5 500 000
$28 557 941
$8 130 441
$10 500 000
We see the great potential of the platform in the long term, the stability of the token price in the future with fulfilment of the project’s potential and the absence of serious risks as the project progresses.
1) The risks of token price reduction as a result of sales by the team, advisors, and other participants. Since a large number of tokens are concentrated in the hands of potential sellers, we estimate as high the probability of token price reduction in the medium term. It should be noted that the token economy is not well thought out, nor is it fully disclosed; this makes the risks of price reduction substantial.
In addition to this, constant competition between platforms, reductions of the rates of major cryptocurrencies, large-scale sales by token holders are possible factors for DBR price decreases. If the declining market phase takes a long time, the token may no longer be of interest to platform participants as it will not prove to be a reliable settlement or payment means. In this case, potential customers may turn toward competitive offers requiring fiat currency.
2) Risks of a highly competitive market and product development. The competition should not be underestimated. The belief that the Dbrain product has a strong competitive advantage should be shared by other industry participants. Products from competitors are in some ways inferior to Dbrain, but their solutions have been operating in the market for a long time and it will be difficult to catch them up.
3) Liquidity risks. If there is no market-making mechanism or there are no players on either side, this could lead to it not being possible to buy tokens for using the service, or selling tokens for conversion into fiat and subsequent withdrawal. It only takes a few similar situations to cause reputational risk and discredit the token. Perhaps future mechanisms and token reserves will help to manage the liquidity, but with the introduction of a unit of account, there is always the risk of a "dead market" and the inability of one party or another to buy or sell the token at a "fair" price at particular points in time.
4) Risks of delay in product realization. We do not doubt the team’s competence in many areas, including development and management. However, blockchain decisions, especially in the field of artificial intelligence, could be more difficult than it appears at the stage of product realization / development. The current roadmap looks excessively optimistic; we consider the risks for delay in implementing roadmap milestones as high.
5) Legal risks. The project lacks transparency in terms of a registered legal entity, and we note that the use of the Simple Agreement for Future Tokens does not guarantee the absence of legal consequences. In some cases, the SEC may pay even closer attention to this format.
This offer is based on information provided solely by the offeror and other publicly available information. The token sale or exchange event is entirely unrelated to ICOholder and ICOholder has no involvement in it (including any technical support or promotion). Token sales listed from persons that ICOholder has no relationship with are shown only to help customers keep track of the activity taking place within the overall token sector. This information is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice or carry out your own due diligence before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Any terms and conditions entered into by contributors in respect of the acquisition of Tokens are between them and the issuer of the Token and ICOholder is not the seller of such Tokens. ICOholder has no legal responsibility for any representations made by third parties in respect of any Token sale and any claim for breach of contract must also be made directly against the Token issuing entity listed herein.
If you have any concerns about the nature, propriety or legality of this token sale or the persons involved in it please contact [email protected] with detailed information about your concerns.